Personal Profile & Objectives

Profile

I am a Civil Engineering graduate with over 16 years experience (13 years post-graduate, consisting of 5 years in England and 8 years in South-East Asia).

My roles have generally covered the engineering and management on a wide range of Civils and building projects including high-rise apartments & office buildings, pipejacking, tunnelling, shaft construction, soil stabilisation, roofing, curtain-walling, cladding, steel structures road & earthworks and utilities.

I have experience of the following:
  • Site & project management.
  • Design & design-team management.
  • Sub-contractor management & co-ordination.
  • Planning & programming.
  • Creation & operation of management systems (including quality & administration)
  • Surveying & setting-out.

I am ambitious, with a genuine passion for construction and can work independently with little supervision.

Objectives

My next target is to hold a role where I am entirely responsible for a single project or part of a larger project.

In such a role I would be responsible for developing and maintaining a good working relationship with the Employer, Consultants and Authorities, whilst leading a team of staff to successfully manage safety, costs, quality, progress, claims and administration.

My ideal employer will recognize my abilities and motivate me with challenging and interesting projects, high levels of responsibility and authority and good career development potential. They will also value my desire to balance my personal life and career in order to maintain my high level of productivity and motivation.

In the long term I hope to move steadily into more senior positions. I still harbour hopes of becoming a Chartered Engineer, or at least furthering my career development with perhaps a Masters degree in Project Management or a qualification in Construction Law, Arbitration or Dispute Resolution.