Interests

Family

One great interest of mine is ensuring that my 6-year old son Lucas enjoys an interesting and active life. We attend sporting events (motorbike or motorcar racing), Hash runs, go to the cinema, theatre, museums etc...

Triathlon


My main interest is Triathlon. I train regularly and am an active member of PCC Cycling Club and Pacesetters Athletics Club Malaysia. I regularly take part in local running events, particularly 10km and Half-marathon distances. In 2007 I participated in several half-marathons, duathlons and triathlons (Olympic and Half-Ironman distances).

Kenyir Lake Triathlon finish, May 2007

Cycling

I am a keen road cyclist and regularly enjoy long weekend rides of up to 200km, and occasional faster training rides.

In 2007 I initiated and organised a successful individual time trial event. Click here to see the event website.

Time Trial awards ceremony (with me in yellow T-shirt), March 2007

Sport

As a spectator, I enjoy watching professional road cycling races, MotoGP and English Premiership football.

Others

I enjoy reading novels or autobiographies when I have time. I particularly enjoy listening to my favourite music, which spans a variety of genres. One interest that is yet to develop is Classical Music.

I am particularly interested in construction law, arbitration and dispute-resolution but am yet to develop this interest as much as I'd like to.

I enjoy keeping up-to-date with S.E. Asian politics and current affairs and look forward to travelling to more far-reaching areas of that region.