Experience #2 (1997-1999)

Dates: January 1998 - April 1999
Employer: Ho Lee Construction

Position: Project Engineer
Contract: Kallang Whampoa Contract RC28A
Client: HDB
Consultant: HDB In-House Team
Location: Singapore
Contract Value:
Contract Type:
Notable Sub-contractors:

This project consisted of 4 apartment blocks 16-18 storeys high, with a 5-storey car park and associated sewerage, drainage and external works.

Re-usable steel formwork with extensive use of precast components e.g. Civil Defence Shelters, wall panels, car-park perimeter walls.

(Ground beam construction)

(Block 16)

(Overall view, nearing completion)

I left Ho Lee as I did not believe that they would offer me the career development (i.e. promotions) that I wanted to achieve.

Dates: January 1997 - January 1998
Employer: MBf Property Services

Position: Deputy Site Project Manager
Contract: Brogaville
Client:
Consultant:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Contract Value:
Contract Type:
Notable Sub-contractors:

A 500-acre mixed township development in Selangor, 50km south of Kuala Lumpur.

Satellite image of Brogaville, showing road layout.

Road and earthworks in progress.

Earthworks in progress.

I resigned from MBf as I anticipated the cessation of my project due to the 1997 Asian financial crisis. Indeed the project was shelved and remains so to this day.